28 October 2010

Boot Weather

The fastest project ever


This leaf was just waiting to be photographed

So, as the days draw in and the leaves fall all around, it's time, methinks to take out the winter boots. But alas and horror! I forgot that at the end of last winter, the laces on my thigh-high Docs had snapped, leaving me to fix them in an emergency with knots, making the laces virtually impossible to work up at speed. So, what's a girl to do?


It's windy

Using my awesome chaining powers and a healthy stash of Noro Kureyon, I chained and lightly felted two, 3-meter-long strands, and voila!


Yea, I'm just standin' here...

Totally bespoke laces!

These babies will hopefully see me through the winter. I love the rusty, orangey, yellowy colours in them. They feel right at home among all the fallen leaves.


Laces, blending riiight in

They're a little stretchy, so I'm hoping they won't snap too soon. But, sure, if they do, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. You are a genius. I just wish I hadn't given up wearing shoes with laces a long time ago. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! I was a sudden moment of inspiration, where stash met necessity. I love when that happens. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has made me really nostalgic for New England. Simply beautiful, and you're right: that leaf was waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...