31 May 2010

Veering off track

So, I'm glad to say life's insanity is slowly easing as I get used to the hectic life I now lead as a wage-earning, tax-paying, productive member of society, but I can't help but look back wistfully at my year of productive unemployment. Sitting on the couch; watching Fraiser, House, The Tudors (don't you just LOVE the costumes?.), How I Met Your Mother; a cup of cooling tea by my side and no pressure but the pressure I pile on myself. Ah! to make a career out of crocheting, designing and teaching! I know for a start that no matter how much I love a thing, my mind wouldn't be able to focus on just it, and it seems that I'm a mule when it comes to deadlines. How do I know this? Evidence! Lots and lots of recent evidence!

So, I think I have decided, among much else, to design in my own time from now on. Supply my own materiels, publish my own work and generally use my skill as a cottage industry. This way I can ensure my patterns are written in my own time, and I can work on them 'til I'm happy with them, safe in the knowledge that I have all the time in the world to get them juuust right.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever makes you happy, and gives you quality of life (as long as we keep getting trendy crochet patterns please!!). Haven't seen you in aaaaaaaaages, got to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...