12 January 2010

Captain WIP to the rescue!

If you're anything like me, start-itis is a feature of every waking moment of every day. You walk by someone on the street, think "ooh, I like her hat..." and before you know it you've been in and out of a yarn shop, have picked up yet another 3.5 mm hook, some yarn, and you have a small section of hat done...

I do this way too frequently, so it's nice to know that sometimes, start-itis can be a boon. Like yesterday; my boyfriend brought home a lovely new mp3 player for himself, and discovered that despite its huge memory, and myriad fancy functions, that the pack failed to contain a cover to stop its touch screen from being damaged. My first thought naturally, was to rifle through my stash-memory to see what I had in order to make a cozy. Start-itis in action, if you will. And then I remembered, "hadn't I started a new pair of Oxidises in green a while back?" and "wasn't it languishing around un-finished?" The answers were "Yes", and "Yes, indeed". So, the half-finished glove suddenly became a finished mp3 cozy, complete with fastening button.

Magic!



That's another project cheated off my WIP list and onto my FO list.
And I'm unashamed of my sneaky ways...

2 comments:

  1. Love those colours, very pretty. What yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's actually my go-to yarn; Freedom Spirit by Twilley's. I have a whole box full of it in different shades.

    I'm going to felt it down a bit, so it fits properly, it's a little roomy at the moment.

    I hope it doesn't lose too much of its lovely ribbing...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...