27 January 2010

Name my wheel competition


I have just discovered that everyone has a name for their spinning wheel. I feel left out. My wheel won't tell me its name. Man, I don't even know if it's a girl or a boy, so I have decided to make a competition out of it.

Name my wheel, and if you win, you'll be rewarded with some lovely Aran-weight homespun, produced on said wheel of mine. I'll post anywhere in the world. It's a merino and silk blend. Lovely and soft.



Please reply in this thread. Throw as many names at me as you like.
Closing date for answers will be this time next week. Good luck!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh!

    Ok, it's a girl, and her name is Madrigal.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks like a Fenella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rapunzel! Ok... so that's not very original...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It't lovely.. but, against my instincts about wheels, I think it looks like a boy. It's very.. ahem 'upright'. I thought it was a Bob... but so's the Rav dog. He's a George.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking Winnie - short for Winnefred; rhymes with Spinney!

    But if you're getting a "boy" vibe,like Eimeree suggests - then Vinny

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a guy and his name is Stephen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, the one I thought of when I met you today and now can't remember ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been dwelling on this. Clearly your spinning wheel was born with a male body but a female mind & emotions. Your wheel is a pre-operative transgender wheel and deserves a name to reflect this. Isis? (do you watch ANTM?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason probably only known to the wheel it popped into my head that your wheel is called Norman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your wheel is classy, handsome and timeless. And should be called Clarke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it should be called Moonlight I liked this song The Spinning Song when I was younger and the word comes from the beginning, that or Mellow!

    http://ingeb.org/songs/mellowth.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would call it Runa :)

    Love,
    Aynia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...