09 July 2009

Sad News

Life has a habbit of putting its foot out and tripping you up when you least expect it.

My Mam called the day before yesterday to tell me that my dog, Sam, (a very old, super-grouchy Lhasa Apso) had gone for an x-ray to see why he wasn't eating, drinking or acting like himself at all. It turned out he had a blockage in his gut. The vet also discovered that he was severely arthritic all down his spine. Though it broke our hearts, operating on a 14 and a half year old dog wouldn't have been fair, and we agreed it was time to let him rest.



He was the type of dog whose love you had to earn, which made losing him that much harder. This is footage of Sam and me at our best. I won't be the same without him.

He's now at rest under a Chestnut tree I grew from seed, at the edge of the garden, his collar hanging, unworn, on the branch over his grave.

4 comments:

  1. Sending you some more hugs. That video clip is fantastic. I think 'Grovel' was my favourite command / action of all! Well done to you and Sammy for learning all those tricks.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm so sorry! Losing a pet is really hard, especially one that's around for so long. He looks like he was a lovely wonderful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. (Visitor from Ravelry.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss!! OMG. He was a sweetheart...
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...