Part One of this How To can be found here
So, it's been a while, and I've finally got around to the noisy bit of making this lovely pink bag. It's time to do some hammering!
After I settled on the shape of this bag, I realised the best way to get a good shape, without losing a nice open mouth (for finding all those fiddly things that end up hiding at the bottom of deep bags...) would be to make it expandable. The easiest way to do that in this case was to hammer in eight eyelets - four to a side - thread some strap through them and let the weight of the bag close the gap.
So, that's what I did, with apologies to my poor down-stairs neighbours who had to endure all the banging, and the occasional yell when I hit my thumb...
You can see the middle two eyelets on the right side of the bag, there.
After that, I stared at the remaining bits of felt for a while, and decided they could be cut into shapes that would make very nice little flowers, and so, this spray of posies was added:
Giving us this so far:
Next, I'll be adding a mobile phone pocket, deciding what to do with the fastener (as I think we can all agree a safety pin just won't cut it...) and yes... the lining.
(For the record, the blurry effect in the last shot isn't intended to give the bag a soft-focus "80's photo shoot" look; it's just there to hide the mess that is my study floor!)