22 October 2008

Knitting/Felting: I can cable/I can't felt

So, usually this time of year has my mind spinning with "great ideas" for presents to make for people. But! Usually, I find that the things I already know how to do just aren't special enough, so I end up taking up new crafts to make a particular style of thing for someone.

This year I'm determined to learn how to knit properly, and thanks to Rogue's Yarn Vomit scarf, I'm on my way to learning the ins and outs of cabling. Knitting has been my Everest for several years now. Fear of Dropped Stitches being my primary reason for staying away from the needles. Recently, I decided to give it a go, with the support of The Anticraft people. I don't really intend to make a full, usable scarf, as I don't use them as is, myself, but still, maybe once I get a look at all that lovely cabling falling away from my needles (and no dropped stitches, please?) I'll change my mind. Learning cabling is top of my Christmas-Present-Making list, so, we'll see.


But, I also saw this wonderful hat by Presents on Ravelry, and now I have ordered felting needles online.



I'm a sucker for things I can't do yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...