31 October 2008

Knitting and Stitching Show 2008

I'm going! Well, that's not too amazing, I guess, but I won the ticket from these lovely people and it is my first crafty show since my Mam took me to one when I was a wee teen. That time, I was just starting out in crochet (wow, can it really have been 15 years ago?) and I thought I knew it all... which I patently didn't.

Now, at least I think I know how little I actually DO know. I won't be trying to show off, I'll just be there to enjoy the loveliness of yarn and the millions of ways people are using it that I'd never have thought of. I know I'll come out with several new hobbies to pile on top of the ever-increasing lump of projects. It's going to be exciting!

I have also started on my sister's Christmas present; a hat crocheted out of my own homespun. I'm taking a chance creating a hat out of such precious yarn without first testing the pattern on junk yarn, but I can't help myself. I'm calling in the Perfect Wave hat at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time :) Swing by and say hello if you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a ball! Thanks again for helping my Mam choose her tea cozy yarn.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...